Each Homes Counts has a total of 27 recommendations and sets out a new quality and standards framework for all those operating in the sector. This includes the setting up of:
- A quality mark against which all those engaged in design and installation of energy efficiency and renewable energy measures will be assessed and certified
- A Consumer Charter to set out the positive experience that the consumer can expect under the quality mark including response times, financial protections and access to redress procedures when things go wrong
- A Code of Conduct to set out clear requirements and guidance on how companies behave, operate and report in order to be awarded and hold the quality mark
- Technical Codes of Practice and Standards for the installation of home renewable energy and energy efficiency measures so that the risk of poor-quality installation is minimised
- Development of an Information Hub and Data Warehouse.
For further details on the other recommendations, please see the report.
Download the Report
The report is available for download from the UK Government publication website. Click on the image below to download.