We are fast approaching the end of the year and the workstream leads have been making good progress on the implementation plans for the Review recommendations. The plans for the quality mark governance and framework are also starting to take shape.
Implementation Board update
The Each Home Counts Implementation Board had their monthly meeting on Thursday 7th December.
The meeting discussion focussed on the proposed joint approach between MCS and TrustMark for the Each Home Counts quality mark and details for how the framework governance can be implemented.
Work is continuing to understand fully the practicalities, detailed implementation timetable and funding for the proposed EHC quality mark approach and governance. The aim is to have the new quality mark scheme up and running by June 2018 and fully operational by October 2018.
The BSI Retrofit Standards Task Group is preparing for the development of PAS 2035 Code of Practice for Domestic Retrofit and the updating of PAS 2030. Steering Groups for both projects are being set up, with a view to first meetings early in the New Year and delivery of the new standards in September 2018. In parallel, new standards for the assessment of dwellings for retrofit, for thermal comfort and air quality, for air-tightness and ventilation for domestic retrofit, and for energy advice are being scoped out by members of the Task Group.
Peter and Clare have also agreed to travel to Glasgow in January to brief the Scottish Government about Each Home Counts and the BSI retrofit standards framework.
This week….. Next week…..
The EHC team are attending various stakeholder meetings this week and next week to provide an update on the Review reports recommendations.
|Consumer Protection workshop||TBC|
The Each Home Counts Review Team
The team is: Howard Porter, Susan Jones, Ben Golding, Pam Wynne, Alison Oliver and Diana Menville.
The workstreams are:
- Quality Envelope Functions (Simon Ayers, Trustmark)
- Code of Conduct/Consumer Protection (Liz Male, Liz Male Consulting / Peter Broad, Citizens Advice)
- Standards (Clare Price, BSI/ Peter Rickaby, Peter Rickaby Consulting)
- Compliance & Enforcement (Claire Curtis-Thomas, BBA)
- Information Hub & Data Warehouse (Philip Sellwood, Laura McGadie, EST)
- Skills & Training (Richard Bayliss, CITB)
- Data Ethics, Privacy & Protection (Rich Hampshire, CGI)
- Finance & Insurance (Stephen Huller, BNP Paribas Personal Finance)
- Building Fabric & Technology (Peter Caplehorn, CPA)
- Home Energy Technology & Renewables (Kelly Bulter, BEAMA)
- Design and Installation (Alan Cochrane, Retrofit Design Services)
- Measurement, Monitoring and Verification (Kerry Mashford, NEF)
- Smart Meters (Audrey Gallacher, Energy UK)
- Social Housing (Bevan Jones, Sustainable Homes)
- Pilots (BEIS)
We welcome your interest in the workstreams, so please continue to send in your contributions, thoughts and comments to our website.