|‘Bonfield Review’ Newsletter
22nd July 2016
We are on the verge of completing the Review report and are planning to present the report and the high level proposed recommendations to new ministers, following the recent ministerial reshuffle to ensure their buy in – now and into the future.
The Review team have continued to meet with various stakeholders and government with the aim to progress the Review recommendations.
We plan to publish as soon as we can and will keep you informed regarding when that will be. We appreciate your continued patience in the meantime.
|The new Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
As you will be aware, the Prime Minister announced a series of changes to ministerial responsibilities last week, including bringing the Department of Energy and Climate Change together with elements of the Department for Business Innovation and Skills.
This creates the new Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), with a new ministerial team under Secretary of State, Greg Clark MP, who of course was co-sponsor of our Review in his previous role as Secretary of State for the Department of Communities and Local Government.
The department brings together responsibilities for business, industrial strategy, science, innovation, energy, and climate change.
The department is responsible for:
· developing and delivering a comprehensive industrial strategy and leading the government’s relationship with business
· ensuring that the country has secure energy supplies that are reliable, affordable and clean
· ensuring the UK remains at the leading edge of science, research and innovation
· tackling climate change
|This week…. Next week…..|
|· On Monday 18th July Alison Oliver presented the Review report to the Energy Consumer Board at the new Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
· On Tuesday 19th July the Review team meet with cross government colleagues to discuss the impact of the Review recommendations and implementation.
· On Thursday 21th July Alison presented the Review recommendations to the Trustmark Forum.
· Also Alison attended the ECO consultation event in London on Friday 22nd July to answer any questions about the Review and recommendations.
|The Bonfield Review Team|
|The team is:
Peter Bonfield, Kanta Nar, Ben Golding, Matt Webb, Pam Wynne, Lynne Ebdon, Diana Menville and;
|If you wish to speak to the Review team about the Quality and Standards, Consumers Protection, Skills and Training or Smart Meters, Compliance & Enforcement workstreams then please contact Alison or Will in the short term.
We welcome your interest in the work-streams, so please continue to send in your contributions, thoughts and comments to our joint email account, BonfieldReview@decc.gsi.gov.uk